+

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

On the Cheap

Remember in my last post I mentioned for history I wanted to use little passports? Well although it is a cool option I don't want to shell out the $18 + with shipping. I figured I can do it myself! I might even go so far as to mail it in a pretty package for my daughter every month so she has some mail to look forward to. Here is what I have so far, I am debating if I should do one state a week and cover the whole USA in a year for 4th and 5th grade.The first pic will be part of her introduction package, I will be laminating the map of the USA so each month she get's the card of the state she can find it on the map. She will also get stickers and maybe questions and games, and little knickknacks pertaining to the state to help the learning process. Here's the pics:


I was really wanting to use kiwibop for science since the postcards they send was about animals and the earth, but their ordering site isn't working. I informed them of the problem and they apologized and gave me a deeper discount so that I would be paying $2.99 a month for 4 postcards. But the link to get the deal wouldn't work. SO that is up in the air, I am very upset because I wanted to make sure I had my first order for the new school year. I don't want to get behind, but it looks like I might have to find something else now. I will keep you all posted. Scrambling to get this all perfected and ready to go. I'll either have to go out and buy more things for the extra two states or get real creative and do it myself.

How are you all coming along with school prep?

No comments:

Post a Comment