+

Monday, March 27, 2017

Moms Need a Break Too!

My husband just teased me quoting, "No more wire hangers ever!" What prompted this? Well it certainly wasn't because I strive to be mommy dearest,  no, it is because I have normal expectations for my family but  they are too lazy to keep them!

What pray tell are my expectations?

To limit food consumption to the kitchen and dining room. That's it. Simple right? You'd think so. Instead I have an adult daughter who refuses to listen and leaves dishes with food on them in her room, and cups of water and juice to mold over. She also leaves candy and gum wrappers tossed carelessly on the floor and beer cans half full in her room, good thing we installed a lock on her door. Then you have my second oldest who apparently has been sneaking food in her room. I discovered this today when I found a towel stuffed under her bed full, and I do mean FULL, of crumbs.

Yet neither of them have ants. Nope. Those ants are too smart than to go to actual food, they'd rather hang out in my living room, and dining room, where there is no food, because I clean like I have OCD. Sigh.

Let's not forget the leader of this pack...my hubby! He spilled his sweet tea water in the living room, then had nerve to insist it was just ice left, so it was fine. It was so fine that he didn't bother to clean it up, he just left all that on the floor.

 Thanks dear, I love you too!

Ugh.  After everything was clean he snuck milk and candy in the living room, after I banned food for the ten thousandth time. Why does no one listen to me??? I am not nuts. Food should be eaten only in the room it was intended for, especially when you have a bug problem!

DUH!

So now my voice is raw from the complaining and yelling at my kids  and I am done, just done, for the day. How about you momma's? Don't you just need a break sometimes?


No comments:

Post a Comment