+

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Sometimes Things Just Hurt My Heart

I will come across news articles and read them and just feel sickened by what I am reading, like I can't believe human beings can be so horrible. I mean I know they can be, but it's just so heart wrenching. I just got through reading about a 34 year old homeless man named Victor, who is suffering from an unnamed mental illness, who is alone, whose whole family rejects him, and knows how he is suffering in the elements.

This man though seemingly having nothing to be happy about is friendly and cheerful to passerby's to the point that he has made friends out of strangers, who have become concerned about him. These people lovingly feed and clothe him and check up on him. Meanwhile his own mother is allegedly collecting checks that belong to him.

What tore at my heart though was the whole reason he is homeless in the first place: His mother dropped him off at the corner of a street and told him to wait there for her because she would come back for him. She did that to him many years ago, her own son. I stared at the picture of his face in the article and felt so deeply hurt. Who could do that to their own son, their own flesh and blood? Then I thought of my beautiful boy and how I could never be so cruel. I would rather die then do that to any of my children.

Just so very cruel, and wicked.

Some comment on the Gofundme page that a beautiful person (Ginger Sprouse) set up for Victor, mentioned that we don't know the whole story, we don't know what he did to his family. While this is true, it does not justify the mother and family purposely abandoning this man. IF he did anything wrong, then they should have handled it properly: Calling the authorities if it was a crime, etc. But it seemed to me that maybe they just did not want to deal with his mental illness any longer. Fine. Then be a decent human being, and not an animal (wait even animals take care of their own) and put him in a facility where he can get the mental help that he so desperately needs!

Ginger managed to meet her goal on GoFundme for Victor (YAY), and has put up two wonderful updates. Go and check it out, it seems to be a happy ending for Mr. Victor!

https://www.gofundme.com/health-and-welfare-for-victor

No comments:

Post a Comment